For over 60 years, Island Federal Credit Union has offered our members better value and service for their everyday banking, enabling them to achieve their dreams. We help them to purchase a home, send their kids to college and afford a comfortable retirement.
- Credit unions offer financial services just like banks, but with one key advantage - we are owned by our members. As a financial cooperative, any funds earned by Island are returned to our members in the form of better rates, lower fees and enhanced services. Banks pay their profits to outside stockholders, not their customers; Island returns our profits to our members.
- The satisfaction of our members is always our top priority. At Island, we never lose sight of the fact that we are owned by our members, so service remains our top concern.
- Every member account is insured up to $250,000 by National Credit Union Administration (NCUA), a U.S. Government agency. IRA accounts are insured separately for up to $250,000.
How to Join
Becoming a member of Island is easy: simply open a Savings Account with a minimum balance of $1. Once that account is opened you are a member for life and welcome to take advantage of our entire spectrum of products and services that we offer.
Membership is open to:
- Anyone who lives, works, worships or attends school in Kings County, Nassau County or Suffolk County*.
- Members of record of CWA Long Island Federal Credit Union #22209 as of June 30, 2013.
- Regular membership of the following locals of Communications Workers of America: Local 1104, in Nassau County, New York; Local 1106; in Queens County, New York; Local 1108 in Suffolk County, New York; Local 1109 in Kings County, New York; Local 1102 in Staten Island, New York; Local 1105 in Bronx, New York.
To get started:
*with the exception of the townships of East Hampton, Southampton and Shelter Island. $1 Share account required