Island’s Tellers perform a variety of financial transactions and recommend additional products and services based upon member need by utilizing the Island Federal Credit Union’s preferred way of selling. Tellers perform routine financial transactions to include deposits, withdrawals, cash advances, loan payments, transfers, and check cashing in a courteous, accurate, and efficient manner. Tellers require knowledge about the Credit Union’s products and services, an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members, and to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Learn all aspects of the teller position.
2. Learn and obtain a solid foundation of the products and services offered by the credit union.
3. Evaluate new and existing member’s accounts while performing transactions and be proactive in identifying each member’s needs. Cross sell credit union services, deposit and loans products, which provide solutions to the members’ needs and improve their financial well-being
4. Greet members in a courteous, professional and timely manner while providing prompt and accurate service.
5. Perform transactions including, but not limited to, deposits, withdrawals, transfers, cash advances, loan payments, and check cashing.
6. Responds in a professional manner to members' inquiries, requests or problems.
7. Responsible for maintaining teller drawer cash within the appropriate levels.
8. Maintain an up-to-date and thorough knowledge on all credit union products and services
9. Promote, explain, and cross-sell credit union products and services.
10. Responsible for the accuracy and completion of the teller daily proof.
11. Keep all credit union member and employee related business in strictest confidence.
12. Possess general knowledge of BSA rules and regulations. Completes and passes BSA Training requirements.
13. Process shared branching transactions and inquires.
14. Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
15. Process check orders and certificates of deposit.
16. Cross train and learn branch morning work.
17. Accommodate flexible work schedule to meet branch needs, including evenings and weekends and other branch locations as directed by management.
18. Perform all other duties as assigned.