Network Systems Technician
Support of network systems including windows desktops, printers, laptops, mobile devices, VPN connectivity, Microsoft 365 applications, and the ability to troubleshoot a variety of hardware and software products. Work closely with Senior Systems Administrator to maintain and support Island’s workforce. Maintain positive working relationships with end-users, IT team, and vendors.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Administer the helpdesk system and provide phone support to end-users throughout the Credit Union on a day-to-day basis
2. Knowledge of Active Directory users and computers in a windows 10 environment consisting of 350 desktops
3. The ability to troubleshoot printers, mobile devices, desktop applications, and hardware issues.
4. Work with IT Team on a wide variety of network and support projects
5. Upgrade hardware and software systems for Island’s network
6. The ability to travel to different branch locations around Long Island and Brooklyn supporting Island’s network infrastructure when necessary
7. Take initiative to research and troubleshoot all level 1 system issues and document resolution
8. Setup and support audio/visual systems for Island Team Members and Management staff
9. The ability to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple support issues
10. Setup and troubleshoot VPN/RDP connectivity, Microsoft TEAMS, O365 apps, mobile device management, and support Island’s remote workforce
11. Able to effectively communicate with end-users, managers, and IT staff in a high paced multitasking environment
12. Report and keep Senior Systems Administrator apprised of all issues around Island’s network
1. Knowledge of information technology operations and systems software
2. Ability to prioritize, pay close attention to detail, and coordinate various activities simultaneously.
3. Individual must be able to work with a team and maintain positive working relationships with end-users, IT team, management, and vendors
4. Strong communication skills and the ability to provide training to internal employees
5. Troubleshoot and diagnose problems promptly
6. Ability to see well enough to read reports and use computer.
7. Ability to hear well enough o communicate on the phone.
8. Ability to sit, stand, walk, bend, lift, push, pull and carry. Lifting/Pulling Carrying may incur up to 30-50 pounds on an occasional basis.
9. Driving may be required for occasional travel between Island Federal’s branches.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
2. 1-5 years of IT systems and applications experience, preferably with the Fiserv XP2 platform/banking systems.