Member Service Representative
Island’s Member Service Representatives provide solutions to members’ financial needs by suggesting credit union products and services utilizing Island Federal Credit Union’s preferred way of selling, handling problems and inquiries, and performing transactions with accuracy and little supervision in a positive and professional manner. Member Service Representatives maintain a thorough knowledge of all credit union services and are available to assist as needed in other areas.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate new and existing member’s accounts, services, and credit report. Identify and cross sell credit union services, deposit and loans products, which provide solutions to the members’ needs and improve their financial well-being utilizing Island’s preferred way of selling.
- Obtain required documentation to process member loans and input loan applications in XP2.
- Obtain required documentation to process and open new membership accounts and/or services.
- Process requests for stop payments, share draft copies, wire transfers, certificate changes, statement copies, credit card applications, check orders, resolve member bill pay issues, address changes, loan questions, etc.
- Respond to member’s requests via phone or mail regarding credit union products, services, and fees.
- Interact with members to resolve inquiries, problems, and complaints.
- Perform non-monetary transactions such as deposits, loan payments, transfers, and check withdrawals for members via phone or in person.
- Keep up to date on all new and existing electronic services offered by the credit union. Explain and educate the electronic services to members.
- Adhere to all security procedures as well as all credit union policies and procedures.
- Complete and pass all required BSA Training.
- Cover reception desk in absence of the receptionist.
- Maintain inventory and required audits for safety deposit boxes.
- Perform Notary Public duties.
- Obtain required documentation and perform Signature Guarantees following all proper policies and procedures.
- Accommodate flexible work schedule to meet branch needs, including evenings and weekends.
- Assist at Teller platform during peak periods.
- Work in any branch location as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.