Member Operations Specialist I
Individual requires an ability to communicate effectively with prospective and current members and to represent the credit union in a positive and professional manner. Identifies solutions for members’ financial needs by providing knowledge about the credit union’s products and services. Responsible for various file maintenance and posting procedures, communicating with members on problems that may arise, and performing various other support functions within the department.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Perform all Member Operations duties as required, such as but not limited to, posting ACH and Share Drafts, Ach origination, posting to G/L accounts, creating and updating spreadsheets, Plastic Card issues, issuing letters to, and for members, analyzing reports, Levies and Subpoenas, reconciling Branch Operations, Cash Letters, and performing Wire Services.
- Address disputed items in a timely manner. Ensuring that processes and files comply with NACG and other related regulations.
- Provide members with courteous, professional, prompt, and accurate service.
- Responds in a professional manner to members' inquiries, requests, or problems.
- Maintain an up-to-date and thorough knowledge on all credit union products and services.
- Identifies solutions for members’ financial needs by promoting and referring appropriate products and services by utilizing Island Federal Credit Union’s preferred way of selling.
- Communicating with outside agencies as required.
- Perform routine responsibilities with limited supervision.
- Interact with members to solve problems, provide account balances, and transfer funds between accounts.
- Resolve problems encountered by co-workers in a timely manner.
- Accommodate flexible work schedule to meet department needs, including evenings and weekends.
- Keep all Credit Union member and employee related business in strictest confidence.
- Possess general knowledge of BSA rules and regulations. Completes and passes BSA Training requirements.
- Maintain a neat and orderly work area.
- Ability to perform all other duties as assigned and willingness to attain product knowledge.