Member Experience Representative
Island’s Member Service Representatives provide solutions to members’ financial needs by handling problems, inquiries, performing transactions and suggesting credit union products and services utilizing Island Federal’s preferred way of cross-advising, all with accuracy and little supervision over the phone and through other means of electronic communication. Maintain a thorough knowledge of Island Federal’s products and services. Flexibility to assist in other areas as needed. Exceed Island Federal’s goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Evaluate new and existing member’s accounts, services, and credit report. Identify Member’s needs through conversation and improve their financial well-being by advising Members about Island Federal products and services
2. Obtain required documentation to process member loans and input loan applications.
3. Obtain required documentation to process and open new membership accounts and/or services.
4. Process requests for stop payments, share draft copies, wire transfers, certificate changes, statement copies, check orders, address changes, loan questions.
5. Respond to member’s inquiries regarding credit union products, services, and fees.
6. Maintain a working knowledge of all Member service electronic channels to explain, assist and educate Members.
7. Working in a professional, fast-paced environment that requires accuracy, multi-tasking and effectively communicating resolutions in an efficient manner.
8. Promptly responds to Member telephone & chat questions and complaints in a professional manner and understanding how Members engaged with us using online and mobile technology, financial centers and contact centers to guide them on ways that we can improve their financial life.
9. Completes research and resolves documentations errors or discrepancies. Forwards more complex problems to Contact Center Manager.
10. Provides general information to Members on Credit Union policies, procedures, and programs; assist Members with any issues, questions, problems, or complaints they may have.
11. Performs routine account transactions such as, but not limited to, transfers, loan payments, check requests, etc.
12. Maintains and projects the Credit Union’s professional reputation and commitment to member service.
13. Complies with all Credit Union policies and procedures including those related to Bank Secrecy Act regulations.
14. Protect and verify identity of caller, review account information for alerts and account irregularities.
15. Take action and respond to situations/patterns of activity indicating potential fraud or abuse.
16. Provides assistance to Members in all areas relating to their financial needs (questions, transaction requests, complaints, etc.) while assisting them in the selection of appropriate products and services.
17. Exercises strong oral and written communication skills to explain Credit Union policies and to resolve basic Member concerns in a professional and personable manner.
18. Directs the calls to appropriate personnel as needed and adheres to the standards of quality and statistical performance measures during all member interactions.
19. Achieves established goals for sales and member service rating (shops) and sales/product goals.
20. Participates actively in department meetings, contributing to the development of new programs and methods to improve effectiveness of delivery and member service.
21. Assist with Online and Telephone banking, including general education, troubleshooting, resetting passwords and security questions.
22. Utilize consultative selling to offer financial products and services that meet or exceed members’ needs.
23. Foster teamwork by professional interacting with peers, managers, and other Island Federal employees.
24. Development new business opportunities through outbound calling, online account opening, and inbound call requests.
25. Process consumer loan products and servicing ensuring compliance with Federal Regulations and Credit Union policies and procedures to include and not limited to personal, auto, home equity line of credit, and credit cards.
26. Support the day-to-day operations and efficiencies of the Contact Center
27. Utilize cross-department resources to include software, websites, and processes to ensure first-call resolution.
28. Utilize the phone system to forward, transfer, and conference calls to efficiently assist and solve Member concerns.
29. Serves as front line deterrent against fraud and theft, protecting Members and Credit Union
30. Perform all other duties as assigned by management.