Centralized Lending Manager
Oversee and manage the Centralized Lending Department, which supports branch consumer lending operations, and is responsible for all underwriting and processing functions for the branch network. Manage Department workflows, while ensuring Department underwriting, processing, and reporting is consistent with applicable regulations and Island’s policies and procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Oversee and manage all activities conducted in the Centralized Lending Department including the underwriting and processing of HELOC’s, Fixed Rate Home Loans, and Indirect Auto Loans.
Lead, mentor, and train all Departmental staff.
Monitor and meet all Departmental performance reporting, and service goals.
Document and communicate all Lending Policy, procedural, and pricing changes to the branches and other Island departments as required.
Document and communicate all applicable Lending regulatory or compliance changes to the branches and other Island departments as required.
Interact with all necessary third-party vendors. Maintain and update third-party vendor reporting.
Ensure all lending documents and procedures are in compliance with the Lending Policy and applicable regulatory guidelines. Update all necessary documentation and procedures as needed. Propose Loan Policy and procedural changes to the Assistant Vice President of Retail Lending.
Responsible for the timely processing and completion of all monthly Centralized Lending Department reports. Develop other reporting at the request of the Assistant Vice President of Retail Lending.
Provide data and reporting required to meet HMDA reporting requirements.
Propose Loan Policy and procedural changes to the Assistant Vice President of Retail Lending as required to enhance operational efficiencies and productivity or to meet regulatory or compliance mandates.
Identify opportunities to cross-sell all our products and services in support of Departmental goals.
Perform staff reviews and give constructive feedback. Maintain and update all department job descriptions. Recommend staff salary increases and merit bonuses to the Assistant Vice President of Retail Lending.
Assist in the review and due diligence required for Whole Loan and Loan Participation purchases.
Ensure all loans processed within the Centralized Lending Department are checked by the appropriate loan personnel and scanned in a timely manner.
Update and maintain the Centralized Lending page of Island’s Intranet as needed.
Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Consumer and real estate underwriting skills
- Knowledge of all relevant rules, procedures, and guidelines, and regulations related to Centralized Lending.
- Knowledge of all Island’s products and services.
- Knowledge of Island’s Personnel Policy, and ADP Resource platform.
- XP2 and Nautilus proficiency as each relates to the Centralized Lending functions.
- Cross-sell identification and sales skills.
- Possess general knowledge of BSA rules and regulations. Complete BSA training as required.
- Knowledge of and skill in using computer software, including WordPerfect or MS Word, and MS Office, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Obtain and / or maintain Nationwide Mortgage License (NMLS).
- Obtain and / or maintain Notary license.
- Skill in operating various office equipment, such as a calculator, personal computer, facsimile copy machine, etc.
- Ability to prioritize, pay close attention to detail, and coordinate various activities despite interruptions.
- Ability to communicate with members, co-workers, management, and business contacts in a courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality.
- Work in any location as/if needed.